Urban Ruins - Photography of the Abandoned Buildings
Wallpaper Resolutions : 1024*768 | 1280*800 | 1280*1024 | 1440*900 |
Urban Ruins - Abandoned Corner
Once a building no longer serves its purpose, and all of its previous functionality ceases to exist, it becomes truly fascinating. Each room is transforming into something new at its own rate, yielding to water, ice, wind and gravity as they reclaim this man-made space.
The corrosion and decay paint vibrant colors across otherwise dull surfaces, lit only by natural sunlight spilling into rooms at unaccustomed angles. Each object left behind becomes more significant than it has ever been, hinting at the life prior to its disuse. Moldy folders full of psychiatric evaluations hold clinical analyses regarding a patient's drawings in a dripping wet basement with no light. An opaque pair of square-rimmed glasses sit upon a dark grid at the power station control room. A dusty pile of papers hastily stapled together documents a tuberculosis patients life at the hospital, from admission, to death, to autopsy, to burial.
Floors collapse and walls cave in without care; if you get hurt, no one is here to help you. This is a lonesome alien world whose dark corners and peeling walls have gotten a hold of me and many others; this affinity for derelict structures and often dangerous excitement is the core essence of exploring that drives me to photograph these spaces.
- 23. Seclusion View @ Northwood Asylum Photo
- 24. Fifth @ Norwich State Hospital Photo
- 25. Headquarters @ Pilgrim State Hospital Photo
- 26. Medical Building Panorama @ Pilgrim State Hospital Photo
- 27. Autopsy Room @ Pilgrim State Hospital Photo
- 28. Reflection @ Riverside State Hospital Photo
- 29. Dripping @ Roseville State School Photo
- 30. Abandoned in Infrared @ Severalls Hospital Photo
- 31. Motor City @ Studebaker Stamping Plant Photo
- 32. Stairwell Up @ Foxboro State Hospital Photo
- 33. Administration @ Whittingham Hospital Photo